A lot is happening in the next few days so here is a reminder list:
• Tuesday, February 7, is our GrandKids field trip to the Grand Opera House. We will see a live stage version of the popular book and t.v. series, The Magic Schoolbus. The children should be in uniform and should bring money for lunch at Stevi B’s on Northside Dr. These parents are driving: Marc Boone, Laura Childs, Cristy Hiller, and Kecia Isgett. Parents should meet in our classroom at 8:45.
• The Diaper Drive service project is going well. We plan to drop the diapers off at the Dove Center after the performance at the Grand. If you have not sent your diapers in, please do so by Tuesday.
• Each child will need a new folder with pockets for our new Georgia Unit. We are starting this unit of study next week. Please be sure your child has a folder. They may be purchased in the Tattnall Spirit Store if you want to send money.
• We are doing well on our times tables! I am so proud of my students! We have covered the two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, and ten tables. Continue to drill your child at home at least 10 minutes a day. This truly helps and I can see the difference it makes in class. “Practice makes perfect.”
• Talent Show is Sunday, February 12, and Monday, February 13. Third grader, Sarah Sachy, is in the talent show on Sunday. Sarah will be playing the piano. Come out and enjoy this time and support sweet Sarah! Tickets are available from the junior class or Mrs. Cheek.
• The next Open House is Sunday, February 12, for new, prospective families. Invite your friends and let’s advertise our super school!
• We could use ring pops, tootsie pops, freezer pops, or small canned drinks like Cokes, Dr. Peppers, etc… (for pick a prize on Mondays) and Clorox wipes.
• Valentine Party is Feb. 14 at 1:45 in our classroom.