Spring is almost here, and we hope that everyone is having a successful school year! It is now time to begin preparing for standardized testing. This year Tattnall Square Academy is administering the Iowa Test of Basic Skills in grades 1-8. The elementary and middle school will be testing the week of April 8th. We want each student to have a positive testing experience! As parents and teachers, our desire is for the students to do their personal best. We are including some “Test Wise Tips” that we hope will help you and your children prepare for this event:
1. Make sure your child has several restful nights of sleep.
2. Start the morning by eating a nourishing breakfast. Hunger can be a distraction during the test.
3. Create a relaxed environment at home. Try to avoid activities that may cause anxiety, conflict, or any unpleasantness.
4. Lay out clothes(school uniform) the night before and set the alarm clock a little early to avoid rushing in the morning.
5. Make positive comments and encourage your child to do his/her best!
6. Send two #2 pencils to be used for the test each day.
Thank you for the continued support and encouragement, especially during this important week! We know that each child is going to do great! If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Susannah Allen & MeLisa Clay